These very high performance metal core PCBs except for LEDs, also have footprints for external power MOSFET and NTC temperature sensor on single board, and they are compatible with LD-B4 driver. MOSFET on such MCPCB has best possible thermal contact with flashlight body, so it can dissipate a lot of power without overheating, which is very important when driving modern low Vf LEDs like Luxeon V, SST-40, Nichia 219C, Samsung 351B/C/D, CREE XP-G3, XP-L2…
mosX PCBs are made from aluminum with chemically grown aluminum oxide ceramic (alumina) as insulation layer, which is excellent thermal conductor compared to even best classical MCPCB insulation layers (epoxy+ ceramic powder).
Advantages over copper DTP are:
- electrically insulated – it’s possible to use LEDs and other components with electrically non-insulated thermal pad,like OSRAM Oslon (IR,white), while maintaining DTP – like performance
- very flat surface – this is important for very small LED packages
- lower mass – may be beneficial in headlamps
- higher temperature insulator resistance – because there are no laminated epoxy based layers, ceramic insulator cannot be damaged due to excessive heat
6XP (ANNA) mosX MCPCBs are compatible with LEDIL ANNA-6-xx (or ANNA-7-xx) optics series, and they fit into Convoy C8 light (spacer is required).
With mosX MCPCBs and LD-B4 triple or quad LED builds are fast and easy, and more important – reliable because of real constant current driving/limiting.
Note 1: Black dot marks close to LED footprint represent LED cathode!
Note 2: MOSLED boards can be also used as normal MCPCBs without MOSFET, in that case MOSFET footprint should be shorted with metal/0 Ohm jumper.
- compatible with 3535 footprint LEDs (parallel connection)
- compatible with LEDIL ANNA-6-xx/ANNA-7-xx optics
- compatible with LD-B4 driver
- Aluminum oxide ceramic insulation layer – extremely low thermal resistance
- Aluminum core – 3.3 times lighter compared to copper PCBs (3.5grams)
- Power MOSFET footprint, 0402 NTC sensor fooprint on board (1-wire NTC connection support),3-pin JST connector footprint for easy and fast signal wires connection
- 70um copper traces
- Gold plated contacts
- Milled edge – flat bottom side
- Big 5.5mm center hole
- Diameter: 34.0mm
- Thickness: 1.5mm