These very high performance metal core PCBs except for LEDs, also have footprints for external power MOSFET and NTC temperature sensor on single board, and they are compatible with LD-B4(HV) driver. MOSFET on such MCPCB has best possible thermal contact with flashlight body, so it can dissipate a lot of power without overheating, which is very important when driving modern low Vf LEDs like Luxeon V, SST-40, Nichia 219C, CREE XP-G3, XP-L2,XHP-35,HXP-50.2,XHP-70.2…
mosX PCBs are made from aluminum with chemically grown aluminum oxide ceramic (alumina) as insulation layer, which is excellent thermal conductor compared to even best classical MCPCB insulation layers (epoxy+ ceramic powder).
Advantages over copper DTP are:
- electrically insulated – it’s possible to use LEDs with electrically non-insulated thermal pad,like OSRAM Oslon (IR,white), while maintaining DTP – like performance
- very flat surface – this is important for very small LED packages
- lower mass – may be beneficial in headlamps
- higher temperature insulator resistance – because there are no laminated epoxy based layers, ceramic insulator cannot be damaged due to excessive heat
3xP,3xV and 4xV mosX MCPCBs are compatible with Carclo 105xx and 106xx optics series.
With mosX MCPCBs and LD-B4(HV) triple or quad LED builds are fast and easy, and more important – reliable because of real constant current driving/limiting.
Note 1: Due to very high thermal conductivity on whole board area, soldering wires is more challenging; one simple solution is to preheat PCB with hot air or with soldering iron (by holding iron tip on + or – pad) and then solder wires. During soldering, PCB must be thermally insulated(piece of thick paper is good enough) from any thermally conductive objects.
Note 2: White dot marks close to LED footprint represent LED cathode!
Note 3: MOSLED boards can be also used as normal MCPCBs without MOSFET, in that case MOSFET footprint should be shorted with metal/0 Ohm jumper.
- compatible with 3535 XP footprint LEDs (parallel connection)
- compatible with Carclo triple 105xx optics
- compatible with LD-B4(HV) driver
- Aluminum oxide ceramic insulation layer – extremely low thermal resistance
- Aluminum core – 3.3 times lighter compared to copper PCBs (1.25grams)
- Power MOSFET footprint, 0402 NTC sensor fooprint on board (1-wire NTC connection support)
- 70um copper traces
- Gold plated contacts
- Milled edge – flat bottom side
- Diameter: 20.0±0.15mm
- Thickness: 1.5mm