This is high power, high efficiency 850nm 90deg infra red emitter from Philips Lumileds (Mfr. No: L1I0-0850090000000) mounted on ALURAMIC 3030 16mm PCB – highest performance PCB available for Osram IR and Luxeon LEDs.
150deg variant is useful for reflector and TIR optics builds due to wide beam angle.
Compared to OSRAM SFH 4715AS Luxeon IR LEDs have much lower package thermal resistance, so they can handle more current and work more reliably when overdriven, please check test here:
Tests show light output gain up to 15% compared to commonly used copper XP (non-DTP) PCBs; performance difference is even higher if ALURAMIC is compared to Bergquist MCPCB.
ALURAMIC PCBs are made from aluminum with chemically grown aluminum oxide ceramic (alumina) as insulation layer, which is excellent thermal conductor compared to even best classical MCPCB insulation layers (epoxy+ ceramic powder).
Note: Due to very high thermal conductivity on whole board area, soldering wires is more challenging; one simple solution is to preheat PCB with hot air or with soldering iron (by holding iron tip on + or – pad) and then solder wires. During soldering, PCB must be thermally insulated(piece of thick paper is good enough) from any thermally conductive objects.
These LEDs emits high power non-visible infrared light which can cause eye damage!
Do not look at powered emitter, keep away from children, use carefully!
- Footprint compatible with Osram infrared LEDs (SFH 4175-AS,SFH 4725-AS etc.), LUXEON infrared LEDs, and all other Osram 3030 LEDs
- Aluminum oxide ceramic insulation layer – extremely low thermal resistance
- Aluminum core – 3.3 times lighter compared to copper PCBs (1.25grams)
- 70um copper traces
- Gold plated contacts
- Milled edge – flat bottom side
- Diameter: 15.9±0.15mm
- Thickness: 1.5mm
- Dominant wavelength: 850nm
- Beam angle: 150deg
- Forward voltage: 3,18V @1A
- Maximum current(manufacturer spec.): 1,5A
- Total radiant flux @1,0A: 1350mW typ.
- Allowable current on mosX PCB: 2,0-3,4A