Datasheet download: ILC-1 datasheet (144 downloads)
ILC-1 illuminated tailcap modules are devices with integrated reverse clicky switch and tailcap LED illumination with control electronics in one, easy to use case. Depending on LEDs current and color, flashlights equipped with ILC-1 module can be visible not just in dark, but even under normal light conditions, which makes them easy to find and differentiate. LED tailcap illumination is usually much brighter compared to tritium vials, costs less and colors are more saturated.
With ILC-1 and 8 LED colors available, every light looks exotic!
ILC-1 is primarily designed for small Convoy flashlight hosts with 16x8mm silicone tailcap buttons, in combination with LD-x4 driver series.
Ultra-low power 2-channel circuitry drives 8 LEDs with constant current, which ensures constant tailcap brightness, completely independent on battery voltage, LED’s forward voltage/color, bleeder resistance, and temperature variations. LEDs current can be easily set up to 600uA with two 0603 resistors. All LEDs are closely matched by their Vf, to ensure equal current distribution through each LED.
Also, very important feature is built-in 2-step low voltage protection which shuts down LEDs when battery voltage drops below 3.0V and protects battery from over-discharge.
- 8x LED (2×4) for maximum light uniformity
- Constant current LED drive (2 separate channels) – stable tailcap brightness over voltage and temperature range
- Closely matched LEDs by their Vf
- Reverse polarity protection
- Low voltage protection
- Easy constant current set via single 0603 resistor on top PCB (per channel)
- 8 basic LED colors available
- Integrated OMTEN 1288 switch
- 10mm diameter spring pad
- Gold plated PCBs
- Translucent tailcap button and spring included
- Lead free
LED Color options:
- Cool white
- Warm white/Gold
- Ice blue/aqua
- Input voltage: 2.8V-4.35V
- Switch type: OMTEN 1288, reverse clicky switch
- Switch rated current: 3A*( tested up to 15A )
- Active state (operating) current: 4uA typ.
- Sleep/off current: 1.5uA typ.
- Step 1 LVP (reducing current) threshold: 3.0V+350xItotal
- Step 2 LVP (shutdown) threshold: 3.0V typ.
- Number of constant current outputs/channels: 2
- Max. recommended current: 600uA total (channel1 + channel2)
- Operating temperature: -20C – +60C
- Diameter: 18.00±0.1mm
- Height (brass ring only): 6.9±0.1mm
- Height (total): 9.4±0.1mm
- Spring pad diameter: 10mm
Recommended LED currents:
If you don’t know what total illumination current you want, you can use these numbers as starting point:
- GREEN – 120uA
- RED – 600uA
- BLUE – 280uA
- ORANGE – 600uA
- WHITE – 240uA
- WARM WHITE/GOLD – 280uA
- PURPLE/PINK – 400uA
- ICE BLUE/AQUA – 400uA
At these currents, tailcaps are still visible under average indoor lightning conditions, so they are quite bright in dark. If you need maximum efficiency/lowest current consumption, green color is the best choice.
Resistor set 20-600uA option explanation:
Optional resistor set contains 17 different values of 0603 1% resistors, 10pcs of each value, total 170pcs. With these resistors, it’s possible to set total illumination current between 20 and 600uA.
Note about resistor change:
Please use standard soldering iron for resistor change, don’t use hot air!
- Unscrew flashlight tailcap and remove all original parts (tailcap button,washer,pcb with switch, retaining ring)
- If not installed, solder spring on ILC-1 bottom side
- Remove kapton tape from ILC-1 brass ring (protection from oxidation)
- Insert translucent tailcap button into tailcap
- Insert ILC-1 module
- Screw original retaining ring back